January 1st has come and gone, but I’ve chosen to take this time that I have off from school to reflect on what I accomplished this past year and decide what I would like to focus on in the upcoming year. Here are some goals I am going to set, both professionally and personally, for this year.
- Attend the American Library Association Conference.
- Find a fulfilling summer internship.
- Further develop my leadership and management skills through workshops, reading, and classes.
- Maintain this blog more regularly.
- Hone my skills at program planning and execution via my current internship at a major library.
- Improve my knowledge of current affairs (I’ve gotten a bit lazy since I left journalism school).
- Travel more – visit at least one state I’ve never been to before and hopefully one new country.
- Recommit to reading in my spare time during the school year.
- Go on more dates with my partner (not just dinner at Taco Bell).
- Reconnect with friends with whom I have lost touch or only irregularly talk.