This semester I am taking a young adult fiction class and will be reading tons of YA. I haven’t planned out all the titles I will read yet but I wanted to give you a sampling of the titles I already know I will be exploring throughout the semester.
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- March by Joh Lewis
- Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans by Don Brown
- Red Kayak by Priscilla Cummings (instructor assigned)
- What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell (instructor assigned)
- Heaven by Angela Johnson (instructor assigned)
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz (instructor assigned)
In addition to this list also need to choose two books from two different genres, one title that focuses on multiculturalism, a graphic novel, and pending my final project topic, a few books all centered around one theme. Please let me know if you have any suggestions! I am looking forward to completing this list and in general leaving this class with a better understanding of the scope of YA lit and how to evaluate and recommend books for different students.